Shorter days, longer nights, freezing temperatures and cold weather can have a bad effect on your hair. However, there are some good ways you can tackle lackluster hair. If you want your hair to look smooth and silky all winter, read on for some hair care tips.
- Deep oil condition: Use a moisturizing oil overnight as a mask or leave it on for an hour. Coconut oil works very well.
- Regular trims: Split ends are a common problem during the winter because of the brittleness and dryness of your hair. Get rid of them by trimming them off.
- Eat a balanced diet: If you want your hair to be healthy, you need to look after it from within. Eat a healthy, balanced diet that includes plenty of vitamins and nutrients. Make sure you get your five a day and drink plenty of water.
- Cut back on the heat styling: Heated tools can damage your hair. It’s more beneficial for your hair if you let it dry naturally. If you have to use a heat tool, always use heat protection products. Why not take the opportunity to try a new winter hair style?
- Reduce your hair-washing frequency: Washing your hair every day can do more harm than good. Too much washing strips your locks and scalp of their natural oils and leads to brittle and dry hair. Three times a week is more than enough and you’ll be giving your hair time to breathe and repair.
So there you have it. Five ways you can protect your hair from the ravages of winter.