Why Invest on Cute and Comfortable Clothes for Sleeping
Like food and drink, sleep fuels our body in many ways. It replenishes our energy, makes necessary repairs in our body, renews our cells, boosts our mental power, keeps us happy, and prepares us for our set of activities the next day. Having enough or lack of it shows. Those who have consistent restful sleep usually look fresh, alert, and positive. On the other hand, lack of sleep shows obvious signs as well. Sleep-deprived individuals may be looking tired, groggy, and stressed. They also tend to have increased moodiness and irritability.
While we don’t ignore our body signals when it asks for food, drink, or other basic needs, many of us ignore our body’s plea to have consistent adequate amount of restful sleep. Yes, that’s the same old thing you heard: You need to have seven to nine hours of sleep every night.
Sadly, many people nowadays are too busy to allot this prescribed number of hours for some good shut-eye. But, the thing is, we’re forgetting one very important principle here. When our body asks for food, we consume food. When we feel thirsty, we rehydrate. When our body feels cold, we bundle up.
If that’s the case, then, it should be the same thing when our body begs for sleep. Give what it asks for. Indulge it even. Your body deserves it.
Why Should You Prioritize Sleep?
There are numerous reasons we would like to reiterate.
- Sleeping 7 to 9 hours each night makes one healthier. It boosts brain power as well as physical and emotional health.
- It makes us more productive the next day. We wake up early when we go to bed early and sleep ample hours each night. That means waking up naturally as well, instead of relying on an alarm clock which could leave us feeling tired and sleepy the whole day. Waking up naturally gives us more energy. Since we start the day early, we can accomplish many tasks.
- It keeps us positive, peaceful, mild, and less moody.
- We become more motivated to face each brand-new day.
- You know why it’s called “beauty sleep”. We appear to be more alert, happy, fresh, and good-looking.
Well, the long list of benefits goes on. Aren’t these enough to convince anyone to prioritize sleep? Doing so pays off!
What You Wear for Bedtime Matters
Usual tips on how to get a good night’s sleep are these:
- Sleep each night and wake up each day at the same time. Let your body practice normal sleep and wake cycles. Don’t mess with your body clock. Rather, define certain hours in which you should be awake or sleeping.
- Don’t consume much caffeine, especially in the afternoon, and avoid heavy meals before bedtime. These things are notorious at disrupting our normal sleep and wake cycles.
- Preparing our surroundings for ideal sleeping conditions does a lot of difference. A clean, orderly and cozy bedroom is a must.
- Warm bath plus warm milk before bedtime is a great combination of deep and restful sleep.
But pay attention to one more thing as well. What you wear for bedtime matters.
Investing on cute and comfortable clothing for sleeping shows that we pay attention even on small details of taking care of ourselves. With the cute pajamas made of fabric that you feel most comfortable in and designed with patterns or quotes that you really love, you have something to look forward to every night. Trust us, you’ll consider it as a reward to slip into a nice and comfy sleepwear for bedtime. That’s just a small reward for the long day and for the milestones you’ve achieved, yet, just the thought of it makes one feel excited about having a consistent adequate amount of restful sleep. And if you happen to be reading this post tonight, chances are, you’re starting to feel sleepy already.
Tips in Choosing the Right Sleepwear for You
Comfort and style can be both subjective for different individuals. For example, there are some who are big fans of silk, while some don’t feel comfortable in it at all.
These are the general tips to remember when choosing the right sleepwear that is both cute and comfy:
- Make sure you like the fabric. Most good pajamas are made of silk, cotton, flannel, and moisture-wicking fabrics. Choose pajamas made of fabrics you are most comfortable in.
- Consider some more small details. Tags, buttons, and other stuff attached on your sleepwear could potentially make you feel uncomfortable and keep waking you up during bedtime. The best option is to choose pajamas that are simple—without any stuff that could potentially disrupt your beauty sleep. Also, choose one that is light and a bit loose.
- Pick ones with the shades of your favorite colors. Or, opt for whites and pastel colors. White and pastel colors look light, airy, and comfy.
- Look for cool, quirky Designs. Sleeping in those pajamas that have cool, quirky designs makes bedtime a fun time to look forward to every night. It brings out the child in you as you count some sheep and start your trip to dreamland.
- Don’t forget a pair of really nice socks. Remember those days when you keep waking up because your feet feel cold? Or perhaps, it caused you to be half-awake? Go shop for a cute pair of socks to keep your feet warm and induce deep and restful sleep.
This post gives similar pieces of advice on choosing the right sleepwear. Read it and find out some more tips that will help you get the right amount of restful sleep that you need.
If you’ve been constantly depriving yourself of sleep, now is the time to change. Investing on nice and comfortable pajamas shows that we care about this often-neglected need. What we wear to bed is important because it can make or break the restful sleep we want to achieve each night.